一、 宗 旨：
1、 就讀學校（含系所）之公函申請或推薦函兩封 (二項擇一)。
五、 考 評：
六、 規 範：
Guidelines on the Internships in KMFA
Revised on 2002.03.29, 2003.10.23, 2008.02.20,
2008.08.27, 2009.06.24, 2010.09.30, 2013.07.25, and 2014.08.28
To cultivate talent of museum management and promote its exchanges with educational institutions in Taiwan and other countries, the Kaohsiung Museum of Fine Arts (hereinafter referred to as KMFA) provides internship opportunities for students currently studying in the graduate schools, universities and colleges at home and abroad as well as people from all walks of life who are interested in or have the demand for training in the management of an art museum.
II. Applicant Qualification
Students currently studying in the graduate schools, universities and colleges at home and abroad as well as people from all walks of life who are interested in or have the demand for training in the management of an art museum are eligible applicants. They can submit their applications to the Education Section (hereinafter referred to as the Section) of KMFA.
III. Internship Hours
Each internship shall be a continuous training process of no less than 200 hours starting from its announced starting date to the date of its completion.
IV. Application Procedure
A. Fill out the application form and submit it together with the following documents to the Section two months before the internship starts:
1. An official endorsement letter from the applicant’s university/college (department or graduate school) or two recommendation letters;
2. A short autobiography (including the reason to apply for the internship);
3. An internship plan (including what the applicant plans to achieve from this internship, which office the applicant wants to work at, how the applicant will make use of his/her time in the internship and how long the internship will be, etc.)
B. The Section will review the application.
C. KMFA will review the internship plan.
D. After the application is approved, the applicant will be notified of the time to register and start the internship.
A. Each intern will be assigned a mentor, who will also be responsible for evaluating the performance of the intern using a standardized evaluation form.
B. Each intern shall hand in a report on their internship experiences (including their suggestions for KMFA) of no less than 2,000 Chinese characters (or 1,000 English words) in length at the end of the internship.
C. Each intern shall return his/her KMFA pass and complete the severance procedure with the Section.
D. If an intern fails to complete the severance procedure, hand in the report or return his/her KMFA pass, he/she will receive zero point for the internship performance score.
E. The Section will issue an internship completion certificate to the intern after it reviews and verifies his or her internship performance score. If an intern has a performance score of less than 70 points, he or she will not receive such a certificate.
A. Any publication of the data or documents (including the internship report) that an intern has access to during the internship shall be approved by KMFA in advance.
B. During the internship, an intern shall clock in, clock out and apply for a leave in accordance with governing regulations. The hours of a leave shall not be deemed as part of the internship hours. If an intern fails to complete the required hours due to a leave, the intern must make up the missing hours before the completion of the internship.
C. To apply for a leave, an intern shall:
1. Fill out the leave application form and submit it to the mentor and the Section. Taking a leave without an application is deemed as an absence.
2. Apply for a leave in advance. An intern shall not submit the application after taking a leave. If an intern fails to submit his or her written application due to sickness, emergencies or unexpected incidents, he or she shall call or email to apply for a leave and then complete the application procedure within three days after the intern is able to return to KMFA.
D. If an intern has one of the following behaviors, KMFA has the right to terminate his or her internship and notify his or her university, college or department:
1. Taking the liberty of terminating the internship on his or her own before the completion of the internship (the duration of the internship is specified in the application form);
2. Totally eight days (64 hours) or more of sick leaves, business leaves and absences;
3. Totally three absences due to three times of failure to complete the leave application procedure;
4. Any improper behavior that may damage KMFA’s reputation during the internship.
E. If an intern needs to terminate the internship due to health problems or other reasons, he or she shall communicate with the mentor and the Section, and shall also get the approval from his or her university, college or department before the official termination of the internship.
F. If a mentor or an intern needs to extend the internship, the intern and his/her mentor shall reach an agreement in advance and the mentor shall apply to the Section for the approval to extend the internship.
VII. Other Regulations:
A. During the internship, KMFA shall provide insurance.
B. During the internship, an intern shall be response for his or her traffic, board and lodging expenses.
VIII. The Guidelines are approved in the KMFA’s Museum Affairs Meeting before its implementation. Any revision of the Guidelines shall be approved in the KMFA’s Museum Affairs Meeting as well.